WHAT IS IT?
Empowering young refugees to realise their dreams.
PACE Refugee Education is facilitating a transformative educational experience for young refugees, primarily Rohingya, in Malaysia. In collaboration with Cahaya Surya Bakti (CSB), a Malaysian NGO operating 7 schools for refugees in Johor, PACE is giving young refugees access to a quality secondary education that not only imparts knowledge but also instils confidence, resilience, and a sense of purpose. More importantly, it offers them a pathway to a tertiary education in another country which could earn them a passport and much valued independence.
PACE funds support:
- 25 CSB students in the IGCSE program
- Math & Science teacher salaries
- Teaching materials, computers, science equipment, and books
- Secondary School student transportation, rent, and exam fees
- Re-settling expenses for CSB graduates attending university
In addition to fundraising, our community is supporting CSB in many ways including parent service trips and family volunteering days, peer-to-peer mentoring programs and teacher coaching and capacity building.
Talk to us to find out how you can join the journey and reshape lives through education.