With more than 300 tickets already sold these PACE Quiz Nights are shaping up to be a blast. It’s not too late to get a seat at the quiz event of the year! To claim your spot at the PACE Quiz Night click here.
Dover Campus: Saturday 18th November @ 7pm – 11pm (Exam Hall High School Block)
East Campus: Saturday 25th November @ 7pm – 11pm (Main Hall)
This is a great opportunity to hang out with fellow UWCSEA parents and put your brain power to the test. There are prizes for the winning team, the best team name and the best team outfit (fancy dress is not compulsory but we would love it if you do).
Tickets are $100 each (a team is a table of 8). You can purchase a table with your friends or we can team you up with fellow quizzers. This is an adult-only event open to UWCSEA parents, staff and alumni.
To raise money for our NGO partners – CSB and Lihuk – we have created an auction with an incredible array of items on offer.
Please have a browse of the Auction Catalogue for the East Quiz.
Please have a browse of the Auction Catalogue for the Dover Quiz.
Thinking about buying a ticket to the PACE Quiz Night, but not really sure if it’s for you? Here are the 8 things you need to know:
1. It’s a fundraiser. PACE is the UWCSEA parent group dedicated to community service and we’re raising money to help young Rohingya refugees get a life-changing education.
2. It’s competitive but fun… gather a bunch of parents and teachers together for a quiz and there’s bound to be some rivalry. But it’s UWCSEA; we’re kind so it’s all in good fun!
3. It’s colourful… last quiz night The Teletubbies, The Green Goblins, The Great Gatsby and The Red Hot Chilli Peppers competed for the best team name and costume. Bring your most creative self to the night and you could take home a prize, even if you place last in the quiz.
4. It’s BYO – to minimise costs and maximise profits we invite you to bring your own booze and picnic. We’ll provide a few treats to reward you for coming along.
5. It’s held at school – we’re not paying big bucks for fancy venues. Instead, we’re taking advantage of the real estate we already own. At Dover, it’s the most exciting event the Exam Hall has ever seen! At East, we’ll be hanging out in the Main Hall
6. It’s tables of 8 – if you’ve got 7 mates who are keen, then book a whole table. Or buy one or two tickets and we’ll pair you up with some other keen quizzers.
7. It’s a great way to make new friends – whether you’re new to UWCSEA or an old hand looking for new connections, the quiz is an ideal event to meet people with stories to tell.
8. It’s adult only – it would be great to have our smart kids along to help with the Gen Z and Alpha questions but this one’s strictly for adults so leave the kids at home and let your hair down.
Still not sure? Don’t take our word for it, here’s what our parents have to say about it: “It was such a fun night and a great way to get together with other parents. There was a real buzz in the room and it was brilliant to see all the costumes. Our team loved the quiz, especially the music round. And to top it off the money raised went to a fantastic cause. It’s a night not to be missed.” Jenny Carne (Dover)
“Brilliant quiz night… such a fun and impactful evening! Thank you PACE, we are all looking forward to the next one.” Tenzin Dolkar (East)
Luxurious vacations, prime dining reservations, unique experiences and delectable goodies – all available at the silent and live auctions.
Refugee Education (CSB)
2023 has been a very exciting year for PACE because we have an extraordinary new NGO Partner – Cahaya Surya Bakti (CSB). CSB is a dynamic, grassroots organisation based in Johor, Malaysia. It was founded in 2013 to support Rohingya refugee families from Myanmar – and help educate their children:
- The organisation oversees more than 750 children in 7 schools.
- Has a waiting list of over 150 students.
- Many of these children are exposed to hardships and devastating life circumstances – and are often trapped with the uncertainty of what the future holds for them as stateless refugees.
- Thanks to CSB’s Secondary School 8 CSB graduates are now attending university in the Philippines on full scholarships and will eventually qualify for a Philippines passport.
The $94,500 in funds raised during our last PACE Quiz Night has ushered in a remarkable transformation for CSB’s Secondary Students. Through the combined efforts of PACE funding – and over 150 volunteer hours and generous donation of equipment and resource materials from the UWCSEA Dover Science team – in May, we unveiled the inaugural CSB Science Laboratory.
In addition to PACE’s collaboration on this project with the Dover Science Team, we have also expanded CSB’s teaching staff by providing funds for a new Math teacher and a new Science teacher. Together, they have successfully conducted a staggering 700+ lessons and facilitated 50+ science experiments.
PACE also continues to provide essential support by funding IGCSE examination fees and covering operational expenses for 25 Secondary Students.
In November, our mission is to achieve an ambitious goal: to raise $125,000 for CSB during the PACE Quiz Nights (scheduled for November 18 at Dover and November 25 at East). Our aim is clear – we want to open up new horizons for more CSB students, granting them the invaluable chance to earn IGCSE credits and ultimately pursue higher education through the Complementary Pathways Program (CPATH) in the Philippines.
Looking ahead to 2024, we anticipate that between 8 and 10 CSB students will become eligible for the CPATH Program. Your support at the upcoming Quiz Nights will play a pivotal role in making these aspirations a reality.
Read more about CSB here.
PACE Scholarship & Nutrition Programme
For those living in poverty, education provides a critical pathway to a better life. Even where free schooling is available, the associated costs such as transport, books, internet and uniforms, and the “missed income” involved in keeping a child in school can act as a barrier to achieving quality education.
Some of the funds raised at our PACE Quiz Night will support the Lihuk Nutrition Programme in the Philippines, providing every scholar with a hot lunch every school day.
To find out more please click here.